Thursday, August 4, 2011

Axels, Roller Skating

Today I went to the rink and I landed 1or 2 axels - it was an okay amount, but my friend Felicity can land 8 or 10 a day.  Not to worry.  I will post video of me doing my best at axels tomorrow.  
I did a layback spin with my foot really really close to my other foot today. It was scary!  I felt like I was about to fall over I was leaning back so far. I'm headed back to the rink early tomorrow morning to go for it again.  
In other news... my Mom is my beehive leader (young women's leader at church) and thanks to her, we get to go skating as an activity for our group!  Weeeee!
Yesterday, I went roller skating with that same church group.  I kept falling, even though it is similar to ice skating, you can't turn on a dime and the only way anyone could stop was to fall down. Weird, right?  Plus, the music was so loud it was vibrating the ground.  Can't wait to get back on solid ice. :)

2 comments:

  1. You are doing great Bonnie I am so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bonnie, You are working sooo hard, that it will no time at all and you will be doing things you only dream about. I think you are the best and I am proud of you too!

    Love, Grandma Hanks

    ReplyDelete