Monday, August 8, 2011

New Skates, Part Deux

Great news everyone! I just got my new skates Saturday and I was able to skate in the for the first time today.  It was really, really to skate, to do anything in them.  The blades were new, and the boots have a lot more support than I am used to - very, very stiff.  I felt like I was skating for the first time again, until I got used to it.  I only skated in the new skates for about 15 minutes, then put my old skates on, worked on some other moves, and then put the new ones back on for a while.
While we were at the rink, Samuel's teacher, Brittany, gave us washable markers to write on the ice with.  Samuel scribbled all over the ice with them.  Mary practiced tracing letters on the ice.  It was a lot of fun to watch.  I drew Samuel a spider so I could watch him stomp on them. He is skating now too.  So cute!  I have video of all of this, but need to figure out how to get it off of the camera to the website...
Stay tuned.

All the best,

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment