Saturday, July 30, 2011

New Boots!

It has been many days since I have blogged, but for good reason.  I have been practicing for my pre-pre test and getting up a 5am every morning to go to the Lloyd Center and Mountain View Ice Arena to learn from Diana.  It has been a lot of work, but I am happy with the results.  The days have been long, too.
My poor dad has only been getting like 4 hours of sleep every night because he has coworkers in China and he gets up early to take me to the rink.  My mom has been a huge help, too. She went with me today to get my new boots and blades!  The boots are baked on so they are an exact fit.  They were really hot when they came out of the oven, but when they cooled down they felt really nice.  They're very tight in the heal so that I can skate better and do jumps better.  What a difference!
Of course, I won't wear them until after I am done with my test. They will take some getting used to.
Look for videos later this week of me doing spins (including sit-spin!) and generally having an awesome time on the ice.  Oh, and my old program will be reworked, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment