Monday, July 18, 2011

New Skates!!!

Today, I went to the rink with my Mom and Mary and Samuel (my youngest siblings).  Mary is 4 and Samuel is 2.  They all skated, which was great.  I worked on my spins - camel spin, back spin, scratch spin, and sit spin - getting them faster and cleaning up my technique.  I got a couple of them really, really fast, which made me really dizzy.  It was kind of scary on some of them because they were so fast and not always centered, so they went a little... all over the place.  But I got a couple of them super-centered and the feeling was awesome!!!
My mom says they were really strong spins and the exits were nice.
After our time at the Lloyd Center, I went to Sherwood to meet with Jim and Diane to get my feet measured and pick out new skates.  I'm super excited about the new skates because there is a cut-out in the back that makes it much easier to point my toes and bend my knees.  The boots are really pretty too.
They're similar to what one of Diane's other students is using right now.  I want to send out a great big thank you to everyone who donated so that I could get these new skates.  I would especially like to mention my Grandma and Grandpa Allred, Grandma Hanks, Aunt Christie, and Aunt Kristin.
I'm also excited because I will be getting new blades too.  We haven't figured out which ones we will get to pair with the new boots yet, but they will have Huge toepicks, great for jumping.  The gold seal blades have the perfect rocker which makes it easier to rotate on a spin, but a little harder to balance, so we might go with those.
In other news, my foot still hurts from a mosquito bite I got.  The bump there is getting huge and it makes everything just a weensy bit harder.  That will pass.  Dishes are also bugging me a lot day to day, but that too, will pass.  Onward and upward.

No comments:

Post a Comment